· Quality education is essential to sustain our democratic society.
· Education benefits people throughout their lives.
· Every person is valuable and worthy of respect.
· All people can and want to learn.
· Quality education is a shared responsibility among students, family, school, and community.
· Higher expectations lead to higher performance.
· Family support provides a strong foundation for individual learning.
· Each individual is unique and capable of reaching higher levels of performance given the proper conditions.