The West Allegheny School District Preparedness Team meets with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the district's response plan is effective and provides a safe and supportive environment for our students and staff.
Parents: Be prepared for a School Emergency
- Ensure that your child's emergency contact information is current and accurate.
- Become familiar with your schools' emergency and reunification procedures.
In Case of a School Emergency
Please follow the following tips:
- DO NOT call or rush to your child's school. Phone lines and staff are needed for emergency response efforts.
- Check for email or voicemail messages from the school.
- Check the district's website.
- Rely only on official communication from your school or law enforcement officials.
- Listen for official information regarding reunification with your child.