West Allegheny School District is conveniently located 15 miles west of the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and six miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport. West Allegheny serves the beautiful and diverse communities of Findlay and North Fayette Townships and Oakdale Borough within the Allegheny County borders.
The District Offices are currently located in the Wilson Elementary School at 110 Bruno Lane, Imperial, PA 15126.
Originally formed in 1949, West Allegheny School District was formally established in 1966. Cresting 19,000 residents in its 58 square miles, it is the largest district, geographically, of the 42 school systems in Allegheny County. With approximately 3,500 students enrolled annually, the District is comprised of the West Allegheny High School (grades 9-12), West Allegheny Middle School (grades 6-8), and Donaldson, McKee and Wilson Elementary Schools (grades k-5).